The Annual Yogie Awards (the YOGIES) recognise, celebrate, promote and reward outstanding practice in working with young people in the ACT and surrounding area. The YOGIES highlight the exceptional commitment, talent and innovation that exist in the youth sector.
The YOGIES are presented annually by the ACT Minister for Children and Young People. Awards are presented in 11 categories that recognise the work of groups and individuals, with young people, workers, individuals, programs and services invited to provide nominations. A judging panel determines the winners, with the exclusion of the Staff Acknowledgement Award. The judging panel is comprised of a representative from the Youth Coalition, a representative from the Community Services Directorate, and a representative from the community youth sector. The winner of the Staff Acknowledgement Award is identified by the Youth Coalition staff team.
The YOGIES are an opportunity for youth and allied services to promote their initiatives, programs and workers to the sector and the community as a whole.
Click here to view the winners for the 2015 Yogie Awards.
Click here to view the winners for the 2014 Yogie Awards.
Click here to view the winners for the 2013 Yogie Awards.
The award categories are:
1. Outstanding Achievement in Youth Participation
2. Innovation in Practice Award
3. Collaboration for Change Award
4. Excellence in Research and Evaluation Award
5. Excellence in Organisational Practice Award
1. Outstanding Youth Worker Award
2. Outstanding New Talent Award
3. Lifetime Achievement Award
4. Outstanding Contribution to Young People Award
5. Staff Acknowledgement Award (awarded by the Youth Coalition staff team)
6. Youth in the Media Award