Vision and Objects
To actively promote the human rights, well-being and aspirations of young people in the ACT community, with particular respect to their economic, political, cultural, spiritual, educational, and social development.
The objects of the Youth Coalition are to:
- Promote and encourage the participation of young people in the development of policy, programs and service development;
- Raise awareness of access and equity principles and practice for young people, including direct service delivery, employment, education and participation in decision making within the community;
- Develop and maintain coordinated networks and linkages between government, non-government organisations, private sector and young people in order to establish a positive strategic vision for the ACT youth sector;
- Promote unity and collaboration within the non-government youth sector of the ACT;
- Facilitate and coordinate information dissemination between service providers, young people, government and the wider community;
- Engage in advocacy and facilitate policy debate;
- Undertake and promote sector development, encourage and demonstrate best practice approaches which assist services and the ACT Government in improving client outcomes;
- When appropriate auspice and support the establishment of new services which fill identified gaps in service provision to young people;
- Undertake research;
- Convene and actively participate in forums and/or bodies ensuring that the issues relevant to youth organisations, employees and young people in the ACT are raised;
- Encourage, support, promote and facilitate effective professional development; and,
- Such other activities that may be incidental to achieving the objectives of the Coalition.